Friday, October 27, 2006

Hello from Hanoi

In the latter part of 2005, I took a trip to Vietnam for the first time since I was a child. This trip was the trip of a lifetime that was shared with many of my friends back home, thanks to the Internet. The message below and others that followed during my trip helps to tell the story of a Vietnamese American venturing into an unknown world, discovering my roots and falling in love.

###

Original post date: 29 Nov 2005

Thought I would drop a message to tell everyone that
I'm made it safely to Hanoi, and I'm having a
fantastic time here. It's nothing like I imagine it
would be. Words can't accurately describe how
sensational it has been so far.

I will be in Hanoi for a couple more days, and then to
Thai Binh for a few days to observe my great
grandmother and grandfather's reinturnment.

To answer some questions for those of you who are
wondering:

No - I didn't get married yet.

No - I didn't eat any chicken here. I did eat some
pickled bug larve this morning for breakfast - and it
tastes like chicken...

Yes - I'm coming back.

Hope everyone is doing well, and I'll try to keep
everyone updated when I can.

Dan Harley, Jr.

###

No comments: