Friday, October 27, 2006

Hello from Laos

This is another of several E-mails that I sent home during my last trip through Vietnam.

Original post date: 7 Dec 2005

###
Hi Everyone!

I'm not really in Laos, but we got close enough to
throw a rock into it today.

The family, Ha (my girlfriend) and I had spent all
yesterday viewing all the sites in Hue. I took
hundreds of pictures, and will try to send some when I
get back to Hanoi.

We've been heading back to Hanoi, and stopped at an
open market where everything under the sun was being
sold. I picked up a pair of Nike running shoes for $7.
Ha thinks the shoes are fake. Nonetheless, I now have
a new pair of sneakers to wear while in Vietnam. This
market is very close to Laos.

We stopped at the DMZ, and seen the memorials there. I
took some historic pictures of my three uncles near a
bridge that oficially seperated the North and South.
All them served in the war, and I'll tell everyone
some interesting information about them when I get
back.

We stopped in a village for the night. I'm not sure
where I am right now, but there's an Internet cafe
here too..

I should be in Hanoi tomorrow, and able to use my own
computer for a change. This wll make it easier for me
to send pics from here. Check your inbox for this!

Dan Harley

###

No comments: